Semi-Succulent Tropicals is a plant category on the Jungle & Loom Plant Care Card that includes plants like: Varieties of Ceropegia, Hoya, Peperomia, Pilea, Sansevaria (Snake Plant), and Zamioculcas Zamifolia (ZZ Plant)
Light for your Semi-Succulent Tropicals:
- Medium to bright indirect light, which means they can see the sky but not the sun for most of the day is a good rule of thumb for this plant family.
- There are some nuances though. For example:
- Hoya and Ceropegia (e.g. String of Hearts) need bright indirect light all the time.
- Snake plants and ZZ plants prefer medium to bright indirect light, but they will tolerate lower light.
- Keep in mind that plants that tolerate low light still prefer medium to bright indirect light, and lower light conditions will mean they will grow more slowly.
Water for your Semi-Succulent Tropicals:
- For plants in 4" and 6" pots - Water when top 2-3 inches of the soil is completely dry.
- For plants in 8", 10", 12" and 14" pots - Water when the top 3-5 inches of the soil is completely dry.
- Semi-Succulent Tropicals prefer to be on the drier side, so err on the side of under watering with this plant family!